Last Sunday was our anniversary. It was a tough one to face ALONE. I did my best, found moments of happy, but I also spent the day thinking about the things I REALLY missed about our marriage. Don’t judge my honesty…
7. I miss Frappachino Fridays. I never told Scott my coffee order at Starbucks, he knew just what I liked, and somedays, would come home with the perfect, unexpected hot or cold coffee drink.
6. I miss the hugs FROM SCOTT. He was really good at them, and he KNEW when I needed one; and was good about telling me that HE needed one. (I love personal space).
5. I miss being able to make him laugh. I was really good at shocking him into laughter. We had so many movie quotes that we’d through back and forth. He knew just how to get my to smile, even when I was having a terrible, horrible, no good, really bad day. We laughed a lot together, and he understood me and loved me anyway.
4. I miss his support. He didn’t understand my career. He also didn’t understand my writing, and often wondered why I did it. BUT he did understand that I needed various creative outlets to feel like a well rounded person. He also understood that after tough weeks, months, or years, I just needed him to say, “I’m sorry. I’m here for you, even when I don’t understand.”
3. I miss someone else making or at least coming up with ideas for dinner. I’m an OK cook, but would rather be anywhere else but in the kitchen. We NEVER cooked together (the reason is in I Just want to Be Alone).
2. I also miss having someone to share making decisions. I’m very indecisive and it was great to have another view point before making life changes.
1. Finally, I really miss having someone understand that I love being with my family; I love being with friends; I also love Being Alone when I mentally NEED to create art with photographs or words. (And I loved Being Alone with Scott most of all).