Lately, life is full. My plate is full. My mind is full, and at times my energy is waning. Time is of the essence and most days, I don’t have any waste from 5am to 9pm. I take it one day at a time, but occasionally, I crash. My mind can’t think one more profound thought. It can’t solve a problem or properly read a book about the future of education. I hit a wall, and that tells me it’s time to STOP! BREATHE!
That’s when it’s time to grab my iPad or hop on the computer and spend a minute, or two, or 5, or maybe even 60 engaging in a pointless, not good for your mind, but wonderful for my soul activity.
I know I am not alone. Our culture is one of being busy. Everyone has to much to do and not enough time. I wrote this post for you (and for me, but mostly for you). We all need a break now and then.
Here are My 5 Favorite ways to Waste Time for Instant Stress Relief:
5. Pinterest – Yes, I hate it, but I also love it. I spend most of my time reading blogs I love and laughing at Some E-Cards.
4. Some-Ecards is a fun site where you can put your witty sayings that sound genius in your head into an old-fashioned card form. I love it! For a second, it makes me feel funny, until I figure out I am the only one laughing at my comedic genius.
3. Bitstrips is a fun Facebook app where you can make yourself into a cartoon! It is so fun and the best part is you can make your Facebook friends into cartoons, as long as they are on the app too. Come join me and we can party together in Cartoon-land!
2. Phone Photo Editing Apps – There are some apps out there that let you take a phone photo and add silly details, like hats and a moustache. It is a quick and portable way to waste time. It’s a nice break from trying to make important, beautiful images. My two phone-photo apps are Instagram and InstaEditor.
1. Draw Something – I LOVE Draw Something! You play with friends and guess each other’s
terrible skilled drawings. It takes but a three minutes to play for each turn. The best part is that because you have to wait for the next person to go, the time you waste is very limited.
I try not to waste time because my to do list is too long each day, just like everyone else’s However, it does feel good to take a break now and then. It’s good for the mind, but most of all, the soul.
How do you waste time? Come on! We all do it! Admit it and share with me.
Plus, if you or someone you love needs ideas on how to waste time, please share this post with them or on your various forms of social media. Thank you!